Old 28-07-2006, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Two quick questions :)

In article .com,
EagleEyes writes

I need to cover an area of 4 sqm with a small shrub (30-40cm height),
with or withouf flowers (preference with but does not matter) but I
want a redish color, the stronger the red the better. I though about
the dogwood, but it is not exacly what I want.

Berberis thunbergia? Some of them can grow quite low and with reddish
leaves it should provide longer colour than just flowers.
What about Japanese blood grass? Not quite red but reddish tinge to
leaves and stays fairly healthy in spite of drought.
Ceratostigma? But that only seems apparent for a short while in my
garden.

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy