Old 28-07-2006, 04:50 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture
Pat Gardiner Pat Gardiner is offline

Default Cheap Shots - Shooting industry tax 'irregularities' exposed

"Ice" wrote in message
http://www.animalaid.org.uk/press/0607tax.htm

Cheap Shots!
SHOOT INDUSTRY FRAUD
The game shooting industry, while trumpeting its alleged contribution
to the rural economy, is guilty of widespread tax 'irregularities',
according to our new report, Cheap Shots.

You do have to realise that senior members of the Country Land and Business
Association went out of their way to wrongly, publicly and deliberately
blame HMC&E for the 2000/2001 Swine Fever and Foot and Mouth outbreaks.

A senior customs officer at the inaguration of the "Fat Labradors Fiasco" at
Heathrow, bravely and correctly made it quite clear that he regarded the
operation as a waste of taxpayer's money.

Immediately Farmers Weekly launched a wild attack on a named and respected
senior customs officer calling for his resignation.

Some weeks later, Customs acting on the matter as the CLA had demanded,
followed an illegal meat import via Heathrow to Inverness and "did" the 4WDs
in the airport carpark for the wrong colour diesel, whilst they were
waiting.

Later, they thoughtfully pointed out that they were saving the taxpayer's
money by killing two birds with one stone.

The message was missed by the CLA representative on uk.business.agriculture,
but the exchange via the media is hilarious. A classic that all, of all
opinions, can enjoy.

Anyway, I have nothing against shooting and nothing against those that are
against.

But I don't like tax fraud and do have a sense of humour.

Nobody likes being blamed for something they did not do. They tend to get
the idea that those blaming them have something to hide.

My money's on HMC&R. If the report is right, and that remains to be proved,
the CLA membership are about to get very thoroughly turned over.

Naturally they won't mind that if the allegations are untrue

Stand by your beds!

--
Regards
Pat Gardiner

"As I was walkin' - I saw a sign there
And that sign said - no tress passin'
But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
Now that side was made for you and me!"
Woody Guthrie

A prophet is only despised in his own country....
.........among his own relations...
...........and in his own house