Old 29-07-2006, 01:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
Walter R. Walter R. is offline

Default What can I grow under a Deodor Cedar?

I live in Southern California. I would like to insert a little color in my
garden under a 50' Deodor cedar. I planted a bougainvillea, it just sits
there without color, I planted several red oleanders, they have not grown an
inch in 2 hears. The only thing that survives is a bunch of Meyer Asparagus
Fern.

The area is fairly open and gets sun most of the day. Plenty of water from
my drip system.

Any ideas for some tough, colorful shrub that gets along with conifers?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net