Old 29-07-2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Moving young fruit trees

On 28 Jul 2006 00:25:41 -0700, "gana" wrote:

definitely it might hurt the plants which you moved.

"definitely" is not the same as "might hurt".

You can move almost anything with TLC and understanding of the
specific plant's needs. A good nursery, or recourse to Western Garden
Book (or regional equivalent) can identify plants that don't like to
be moved. But I have even had luck moving clivia by removing some of
the crowded parts and transplanting them w/TLC.

If you post again, giving your region, we can offer more specific
advice,

Persephone

Zootal wrote:
I am putting up a fence around my backyard. I have 4 fruit trees that are 1
foot from the line where I'm putting the fence, and I'd like to move them.
They are semi-dwarf, and were planted just this last winter. They are about
6-8 feet tall but very sparse. Can I just dig them up and plant them
somewhere else, or should I wait until they are dorman. IOW, will it hurt
them to dig them up now and move them?