Old 29-07-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Moved Pear tree and now Smelly hedge identification - more help needed - please

Mary Fisher writes

"NikV" wrote in message
.. .

Another issue, in the new house we have inherited a handsome hedge which
does a great job of sheilding us from the road
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/hedge.jpg

What is it - any ideas, heres a close up shot

http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/hedgecloseup.jpg

It looks like a laurel to me, I'd cut back to whatever pleases you. The
leaves do get old, brown and brittle.

Don't think it's a laurel - leaves not quite the right shape and not
quite glossy and waxy enough. An evergreen Viburnum?

--
Kay