Old 29-07-2006, 05:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default Moving young fruit trees

If you post again, giving your region, we can offer more specific
advice,

Persephone

My apologies: I'm in Lebanon, Oregon, which is about 20 miles south of
Salem. Mid Wilammette valley. The trees were planted last winter as bare
root semi dwarfs that I bought from Costco. So this is their first year in
the ground. They have grown fairly well, here is some pics of them:

file:///N:/hellserver/htdocs/stuff/2006%20July%2029%20Garden/images/DSCF4128.jpg

To the right you can see one of the rows of trees, and you can see they are
small and quite young.

What happened is I bought the property last December, and planted the trees
in January. I finally got my hands on surveying reports and talked to the
city about where I can put a fence, and 4 of the trees are 1 foot outside of
the fence. I could go around them, but I really don't want the trees outside
of the fence.