Old 19-03-2003, 05:44 AM
zxcvbob

Default planting onion seeds

I have a packet of hybrid yellow onions, and it's about time to plant
them. I was planning to start them indoors in a flat, even though I
never have much luck doing that with leeks and onions. But occasionally
it works, and the seeds were cheap.

Anyway, it has been wonderfully and unseasonably warm here this week,
and the top inch of ground is thawed and muddy. Should I plant the
seeds outside in the freezing mud and let them come up on their own when
they are ready? There's probably 2 more months here of intermittant
cold weather and freezes. The ground is too wet to work, but I could
scatter them in a little patch and transplant them later.

Thanks, regards,
Bob

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time? Join
the search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/