Old 29-07-2006, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important!

In article ,
Malcolm writes:

| Only THREE? That's the lowest I have heard of yet. I have some reason
| to believe that advice isn't entirely reliable, and is based more on
| political and economic grounds than medical ones.
|
| Well, as you're not a medic, what is the basis for your claim that the
| NHS are wrong?

Firstly, I didn't say that they were wrong - I said that their advice was
unreliable. Please read what I say and don't misquote.

Secondly, my "some reason" includes having read official statements saying
precisely that the advice was being changed on economic grounds, as well as
being sufficiently clued-up to be aware of the target-based politics in
the NHS.

Thirdly, I am a statistician, and therefore far better qualified than 95%
of medics and 99% of the NHS and politicians to evaluate such data.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.