Old 29-07-2006, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Clematis Viticella

In article , Sacha
writes

Do you grow Clerodendron fargesii? The scent of that is lovely and it's a
late flowerer too which is a bonus.

Will have a look at that Sacha, have just bought a variegated
Trachleospermum form Hopleys which hopefully will be fragrant.

One of the best with us is the climbing 'Polish Spirit'. It's a marvellous
purple and gives masses of flowers.

Prefer the flora pleno colour in the bed that I want to plant but will
remember Polish Sprit.

I did see a photograph of one that someone took on a 'planthunters'
holiday to Londonderry etc. The gardener who took the photo said it was
a herbaceous clematis called Prince William, very deep blue very strong
growth, quite tall and fragrant but I can't find it on the net at all.
Nearest is 'Konigen Wilhelmina' but the description doesn't quite fit
the photo.

Neither does the sex of the nominee!

Well yes, but maybe someone vaguely remembered the name and that's the
nearest they got?

If I scanned in the picture do you think a clematis expert could
identify it? Especially if I tell them the exact garden it was grown in?

Charlie! ;-)

Hopefully!

--
Janet Tweedy