Old 30-07-2006, 03:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Question on AYP 38" Riding Mower

"Gary E" wrote in message
Greetings all,

If this isn't the correct place to post this message, I apologize and
please
let me know of a more suitable location.

My dilemma has to do with helping a neighbor put together a mower,
specifically the mower deck. Where I run into problem, is connecting the
mower blade engage mechanism. There is a coil spring which needs to hook
the take-up mechanism. There are some holes in the take-up mechanism,
however, it seems as if there is a better connection than that, such as a
pin (there are some extra cotter pins) (plus I would have to really force
the spring into the hole, not good). My neighbor can't seem to find the
owners manual (aargh) so I'm hoping some kind soul out here could point me
in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Gary

http://www.poulan.com/products/tract..._PD15538LT.asp