Old 30-07-2006, 04:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vivek.M Vivek.M is offline

Default Hairy Vetch ( Vicia Villosa ) - what inoculum to use? Sapling packaging, for transport in pressurised aircraft.

On 25 Jul 2006 20:16:53 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Even if you manage to import them, only the first is likely to take
even moderate heat. My tropical gardening book says that plums just
about do in India's hill country but not lower, and raspberries are
hopeless. Blueberries and lingonberries are even more extreme than
raspberries.

I strongly advise giving this a miss, on the risk to the carrier alone.

*grin* I'm already beginning to feel like a shady drug-runner.

Bok choy and marrow should do (can't you get the latter?), but almost

No idea, i know for a fact that if i ask for marrow he'll send me to
the mutton shop; that is, if he doesn't blink and look at me in a
dazed sort of way..well not really, he'll prolly look at me in disgust
and say something rude *grin*

Seeds aren't a problem, being cheap, light and usually legal, so don't
let me put you off - I succeed with only about 1/5 of the seeds I bring
back from far countries!

1/5th ain't so bad. I'm having a 1/7 th success rate with seeds i get
here *lol*, though my Pumpkin, Cockscomb and Sunflower have sprouted
marvellously. My Bell-Peppers were eaten up by red ants and the
Larkspur, Salvia, Aster, Hollyhocks and Antirrhinums refused to sprout
( i suspect rotten seeds and not rotten gardening since the beds are
next to each other).