Old 30-07-2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
readandpostrosie readandpostrosie is offline

Default Oak Tree Removal

yes, we cut down three black walnut trees that were approx. 40 ft tall.
(new addition to house)

we have a professional cut them down, saying long lengths for the lumber
that are being dried right now (for new dining room table) and the short
lengths (1-3 ft) for hubby to "turn" on his lathe.

i think the charge was approx. $800.

--

rosie

"If you had a European prime minister who experienced what we've
experienced, it would be expected that he would retire or resign."
.................................................. .......william buckley

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..
I have an oak tree in my front yard which is about 40 feet tall that I want
to have cut down and hauled away. I live in North Central Dallas. Next
week
I will be calling a company that does this type of work to get an
estimate.
In the mean time I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar experience
with a tree removal in the recent past. Mostly I would like to find out
what
kind of price I should be expected to pay.

Thanks, Don