Old 30-07-2006, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default Getting Rid of Queen Anne's Lace

QAL is a very deep rooted plant, I don't think digging will help. Where do
you live? QAL grows fairly slowly around here, and is easily controlled.
They sprout late in the season, and you can see them all over the place in
summer and fall. I think they are not as much of a pest because once the
weather gets warm enough for them to grow, it stops raining and they don't
get much water. They are, however, a very deep rooted plant, and will still
slowly grow and bloom when everything around it has died. I mow them or just
pull them out, and they are gone.

Give it a bit of water, and one plant will do this:

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF4151.jpg

I expect I'll have a couple million of them next year because of this one
plant. My kids like it, I don't have the heart to pull it, so I water it
weekly instead and watch it grow.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just digging it out isn't working, and may not even be possible.

If I remove all the other smaller plants in the area, can I use
Roundup, or some other weedkiller, to kill the Queen Anne's Lace?

If not Roundup, what is recommended?

Will the weedkiller hurt lilacs, roses, raspberries, or any other
bushes in the area (too large to remove)?

How long after using the weedkiller can the original plants be restored
or new ones put in in place of the Queen Anne's Lace? Thanks.

Cori