Old 30-07-2006, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
scfundogs scfundogs is offline

Default Oak Tree Removal

"Freckles" wrote in message
. ..
I have an oak tree in my front yard which is about 40 feet tall that I want
to have cut down and hauled away. I live in North Central Dallas. Next
week
I will be calling a company that does this type of work to get an
estimate.
In the mean time I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar experience
with a tree removal in the recent past. Mostly I would like to find out
what
kind of price I should be expected to pay.

I recently had two pin oaks cut down here in SC. The bigger of the two
required a permit to have removed. The estimates I got ranged from
$1200-$3000. The low figure didn't include haul away or stump grinding.
The higher figure included haul away but no stump grinding. We kept the
wood, rented a logsplitter, and made about 3 seasons' worth of firewood.

Make sure the company or individual you hire has a general liability policy
in place.

--
Tara