Old 30-07-2006, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default Well, that was nice.....

"Sacha" wrote in message
It rained all day yesterday but a 'soft day' is what, I think, the Irish
would call it. No stair rods, just steady fine rain came our way. It
freshened things up quite a bit but I wonder how much of it went deep
down,
where it's most needed by plants.
Today, we have patchy sun, it's still warm but it's windy, unhappily. I
do
HATE the wind and its drying and damaging effects. How has everyone else
been doing?

Unbeknown to us we had some rain last night, I only found out when I took my
daily walk around the garden and found the ground was wet!

How far it soaked into the ground I wouldn't know as I'm too lazy to bend
over and look!

Alan

--
Sacha