Old 30-07-2006, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Stockdale Peter Stockdale is offline

Default Well, that was nice.....

"Sacha" wrote in message
It rained all day yesterday but a 'soft day' is what, I think, the Irish
would call it. No stair rods, just steady fine rain came our way. It
freshened things up quite a bit but I wonder how much of it went deep
down,
where it's most needed by plants.
Today, we have patchy sun, it's still warm but it's windy, unhappily. I
do
HATE the wind and its drying and damaging effects. How has everyone else
been doing?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Here at the canalshop we finally ran out of stored rainwater (reserved for
fruit and veg only) at the beginning of this week.
We are now on mains usage at the rate of 150 gals per day to keep things
ticking over.
The ornamentals are looking sad but I don't believe in general garden
watering (postage stamps excepted !!)

I too hate the wind - but refreshing breezes are very welcome when you
emerge from the glasshouse, after a watering session in temps over 100 F .

Pete
South Cheshire

www.thecanalshop.com