Old 30-07-2006, 09:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Oak Tree Removal

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:35:40 -0500, "Freckles"
wrote:

I have an oak tree in my front yard which is about 40 feet tall that I want
to have cut down and hauled away. I live in North Central Dallas. Next week
I will be calling a company that does this type of work to get an estimate.
In the mean time I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar experience
with a tree removal in the recent past. Mostly I would like to find out what
kind of price I should be expected to pay.

Thanks, Don

Since I'm a woodworker I'd take the tree free of charge, but removing
the stump is another story. With this kind of job you'll get a
variety of prices (free to $1000). Best to ask to see proof of
insurance and bonded workers--ask your home insurance agent.