Old 31-07-2006, 02:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default Getting Rid of Queen Anne's Lace

Bob

Wait a minute... QAL and carrots are the same thing?????

QAL aka The Wild Carrot aka Daucus Carota is a wild carrot, not the same
thing as a domesticated carrot, but a cousin. Here in Oregon it's classified
as a class C noxious weed. They are everywhere, but I've not noticed them
being that noxious. Maybe if I was a farmer I'd feel otherwise :-P. They
don't get very big unless you water them, like I did to a couple - then they
get huge. There are a rather pretty wildflower, IMNSHO. It's edible when
young, but I don't recommend eating it because there are other similar
plants that are poisonous. You might end up eating hemlock by mistake.

http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/queen.html
http://oak.ppws.vt.edu/~sforza/weeds/dauca.html
http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/weeds.html