Old 31-07-2006, 04:26 AM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_1_] Köi-Lö[_1_] is offline

Default Pond Shelves - 2nd Question

"sean mckinney" wrote in message

I am not sure that a pebble beach is the best idea for a wildlife pond,
froglets and presumably other young amphibians stick, very quickly, to
hot dry concrete, they then dehydrate and die, I would be concerned
that they would sure the same fate when clmbering over hot dry pebbles.

In my experience here in the mid-south of the USA these little critters
don't leave the pond on hot sunny days. They wait for a rainy day or leave
at night. On some dark rainy days there are little toadlets and froglets
all over the lawn as they spread out from the ponds and propagation tanks.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.