Old 31-07-2006, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Another water butt question

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 30/7/06 23:40, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

Any suggestions how I can collect rainwater off my house roof,
although I don't have a downpipe or a soakaway?
It seems insoluble to me, but maybe one of you clever people may have
an idea. I can't contemplate digging soakaways. Is there any
alternative?
Hopefully it will rain again one day!

Pam, I must be missing something here. Don't you have gutters and
therefore
downpipes which could be put into a water butt? A soakaway wouldn't help
you *collect* rain water, it would just let it - well - soak away.
--

I imagine the OP like me, lives in a terraced house. Both of my neighbours
have a downpipe, but I don't. We catch water off the garage roof into a

Steve