Old 31-07-2006, 11:44 AM posted to aus.gardens
ant[_2_] ant[_2_] is offline

Default Grass gardens

Farm1 wrote:
"ant" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
"ant" wrote in message

The purple thing is what I always remember from the various info
sheets about Serrated. I just haven't seen it here, but still...
and it's so hard to nuke, it's a bit like bamboo.

It's not if you do it in the Spring and use a mixture of Roundup and
Target.

I've just got to confirm that it's Serrated first! I don't want to
kill the good stuff.

:-)) As I said before, if you need a sample, I'd be happy to send you
one or more (VBG).

erk. I think I just go dig around in my suspect clumps, looking for purple.
And lay in supplies for the Paterson's, it's sneaking around everywhere. I
had a wondeful backpack silver squirt thing (my block is steep), but got a
bit too ambitious and kept spraying too far into spring one year. It was a
warm, humid heavy day, a snake day, and I was in the middle of a huge colony
of Paterson's, keeping a hard eye on everything on the ground, and there is
was, lying under a small tree, a brown, just looking at me. Well, me and the
backpack parted company and neither of us touched the ground for about 30
seconds. I swear I levitated out of that mass of Patersons. Phobic about
snakes.

The backpack spent the summer there, and now the seals are buggered and it
doesn't work any more. Bloody snakes.

--
ant