Old 31-07-2006, 11:56 AM posted to aus.gardens
ant[_2_] ant[_2_] is offline

Default THANKS! Grosse Lisse - Not Ripening

Rayband wrote:
Thanks for the responses, i have a couple of things to try.
I will hold off riping the things out for a few more weeks....
In future leave them alone for winter.......

Not so! this could be a great thing to do... as soon as they're ready, they
might ripen up and you'll have the earliest tomatoes ever. Although I fear
they might go turgid and watery.

Canberra gardeners have great fun every year, trying to get tomatoes by
Christmas. I did it once, but the plants were disgusted and wouldn't give me
any more until march. The late and early frosts, the cold soil that persists
into spring...

I don't think i've ever managed to grow tomatoes up on my mountain. A nice
challenge for the future.

--
ant