Old 31-07-2006, 03:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
cardarch cardarch is offline

Default Oak Tree Removal

I had something like this done in Philadelphia, PA last summer with a
maple tree in front of my house. The other issue you havent thought
about is what you will do when the tree is down, removed and the stump
ground out. Then what? That's where I am still stumped. I made a
mistake. I was left with a wide (2 or 3 yards wide) hole several feet
deep. Soooo...I filled part of it with the wood chips from the tree
and the rest with compost and then planted fescue. The ground is now
very spongy there and has sunk and Im sure will sink more. The grass
is not very healthy and is spotty. I dont know what to do now. I was
thinking of heaping bags of Scotts soil for lawns on it in the fall and
reseeding and crossing my fingers that it will work. So you need to
find out what to do with the large hole you will wind up with. Good
Luck.

Freckles wrote:
I have an oak tree in my front yard which is about 40 feet tall that I want
to have cut down and hauled away. I live in North Central Dallas. Next week
I will be calling a company that does this type of work to get an estimate.
In the mean time I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar experience
with a tree removal in the recent past. Mostly I would like to find out what
kind of price I should be expected to pay.

Thanks, Don