Old 31-07-2006, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Mark Newcomb Mark Newcomb is offline

Default Why no pearling?

I have a new tank (4 days old). The first 3 days I had lots and lots of
pearling on the leaves of my plants. As of this morning (about noon), this
has stopped.

Some facts:
size: 125 gallons - 72 long, 18 wide, 18 deep.
Plants: 100-125 gallon "easy habitat" package from arizona aquatic gardens
(nice package) - see it he http://www.azgardens.com/habitats_easy.php

KH 6.5 (This has been checked several times by myself and others)
co2: automatic system - PH set to 6.9 (confirmed with several tests by
myself and others)
water additives: chloromine remover (kent first step - added per
instructions on bottle)
seachem flourish (per instructions)
seachem trace minerals (per instructions)
substrate: 2.5 - 4 inches seachem flourite
Lighting: 6 * 96 watt compact flourescents (4 * 5500K + 2 * 6700K)
Filter: Fluval 405 - 2 compartments w/ activated charcoal, 2 with bio
media - intake on the filter is set deep in the tank, the output is about 2
inches below the top, which does cause some slight turbulence on the top,
but not a lot.

Basically, my CO2 hasn't come on all morning, my PH has been rock solid
stable. Does anyone have an idea if this is normal? Have my plants stopped
growing? Did I use up all the fertilizer? What happened?

Thanks in advance.

Mark