Old 31-07-2006, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam sam is offline

Default Hedges

Andrew wrote:
Hi

I am told there is something that you can spray on privet hedges that stops
them growing so quickly, this year I seem to be having to cut it every two
weeks to keep it looking nice but up until now I seem to remember only
having to cut it about twice a year and I am wondering if the previous
homeowners used to have it treated with something.

I might be totaly wrong but has anyone any knowledge of this?

Thanks

Andrew

There used to be,Andrew, but not any more.I think it was called Cutlass,
but It has been banned by the European Commission.
We must either keep on clipping or replace the privet with box or some
other slow growing shrub ( or no hedge at all).