Old 31-07-2006, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default RAIN!

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

We had a bit for a short time but not enough to make a significant
difference to anything. Mostly the roof water evaporated, using the heat
from the tiles. But it's been cool so that was nice.

Mary

In Leeds.

Exactly the same weather here but even a few miles away they have had much
more rain.
The last semi decent rain was two weeks ago on a Sunday night, just as we
were starting to eat outside. Much thunder and lightning but not very much
rain.

We had that at the beginning of the month but nothing since. On Friday a son
was driving home from Huddersfield but said he was on the edge of the rain
belt all the way so never got wet. Today is the first day we've eaten
indoors for weeks and that only because it was a bit cold.

Mary