Old 01-08-2006, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Freckles[_1_] Freckles[_1_] is offline

Default Oak Tree Removal

"fudge" wrote in message
Right!!!! You live in America, the most lawyerized society on earth. I
suspect the major cost for a tree surgeon would be liability insurance.
Perhaps a lawyer should actually be present when the tree is removed. No
doubt many local, state and federal agency permits and licences would be
required.

F.J.

No, the tree is on my property and I can have it cut down any time I wish,
by anyone I wish. No permits, licenses or any legal paper work at all is
required.

The folks at the court house did recommended I make certain the company that
does the work has up-to-date liability insurance.

Which makes a lot of sense to me regardless of where one lives.