Old 01-08-2006, 10:44 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton Richard Sexton is offline

Default air bubbles on leaves after water change - why?

In article ,
jd wrote:
here's one I can't figure out. After I do a water change, the leaves of all
my plants are covered with little tiny air bubbles for about a day. The
water chemistry is a very close match to my tap water (well water). The
plants are in laterite inder a layer of gravel..... Does anyone have any
idea why this would be happening, and if I should be worried or not...

Mains water is under pressure and there are more dissolved gasses in it
than can stay in it at normal pressure so they come out of solution.

It's perfectly normal.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net