Old 01-08-2006, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default Well, that was nice.....

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes

I can think of a few things he does need. The sack would be a good start.

The garden doesn't seem to be very loved in parts so I don't think he was
a great gardening type
Quite a few unusual trees not long planted but the Whitelaw rose garden
seems very subdued and roses have either been pruned quite energetically
or the plants are young. The vegetable garden had hardly anything save a
few cardoons and some miserable dahlias.
The dell looked good with the large Paulownia in the middle and there was
a very brightly coloured garden between the workers cottages.
The borders at the front or I guess the back of the house were growing
quite well but the clematis (s) on the columns down one side weren't
evident. Strange was to have them, no walkway past them and just column in
a row in the grass.
Ha ha has barbed wire over it as well .
Nice tea and cakes but we were round in about half an hour.
Oh some nice plants in conservatory and the formal pond had a lot of water
lilies in with a very pretty copper fountain .
Guess we were lucky that he didn't put in a theme park as a cowboy ranch
etc

You were there with the NT then, a few days ago?

Alan

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy