Old 01-08-2006, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Tetanus every 5-10 years - Please Read - Important!

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

No, it doesn't. It says that the spores are found in those

locations,
and NOT that it reproduces in those locations.

Since the spores are still in the UK (as they are worldwide), it

is
immaterial whether the spores reproduce in the gut of mammals or

not.

The most likely source of infection for gardeners would in all
likelihood be from a wound sustained whilst gardening and such a

wound
could give acess to the spores. I doubt whether too many

gardeners
ingest a lot of soil and so don't need to worry about the

reproduction
or otherwise of tetanus spores in their gut..

My granny used to say, you have to eat a peck of dirt before you

die, so
people were expected to ingest soil.

Tough Granny. Did she give it to you in the form of sandwichs?