Old 01-08-2006, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default NO YOU CANNOT BORROW YOUR VC

"Alan" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/7/06 21:59, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

snip

I'm intrigued that you saw fit to post this in a gardening NG and not
for
instance in uk.people.ex-forces. But having said that, I think you have
valid point, treatment of Ghurkhas is generally abysmal given the
sacrifices many have made.

Steve

the reasoning for posting this in gardening is that many older folk are
keen
gardeners and possibly belong to the burma star association a lot of
which
fought alongside the gurkhas it just may be of interest to them to see
the
way this hero is being treated after risking his life for britain

A lot of older people also fish, take long holidays, help raise
grandchildren, own homes abroad, paint, do DIY, do tapestry, enjoy
crosswords, train spotting and sex. This group has people with a very
wide
range of activities, interests, hobbies and professions. That is not a
good
reason for posting messages on those subjects in a *gardening* group and
especially not without marking the msg. OT so that those who wish to can
ignore it. We've already suffered years of the depredations of a prat
who
used that kind of argument to annoy this group and remained as one of the
worst trolls known to netkind.
I have real sympathy with your cause but if we all posted on our own
particular hobbyhorses on a regular basis - well........!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

you are so sad -------- if it wasnt for guys like this we would all be
speaking japanese or german by now

The only sad one is you, who does not appear to recognise the names of
newsgroups, or do you find english a difficult language?

Alan