Old 01-08-2006, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default Seed potatoes?

Late again!

"someone here" wrote in message
. ..

"JP in Lon" wrote in message
What can I do with leftover seed potatoes (besides share them with others
to plant)?
because some suppliers only do nets of 20 or more and I only need a
few...
would the only other thing to do be sling them on the Comp heap if no one
else wants any?

(I assume they won't last till next year?)

As you have said, already bought now.
But next year try a local allotment association. Ours sells seed potato
'loose'
so if you want five seeds then you can buy 5 seeds.

Our local allotment association, stopped selling to non members years ago.

Which was a pity cos we have bought a lot of stuff from them in the past,
and you could not be a member if you didn't have one of their allotments.

Alan