Old 01-08-2006, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_2_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_2_] is offline

Default who's eating my dill?

In article ,
George wrote:

Our dill is getting eaten, cut off about 6" above the ground. The
beans, tomatoes, beets, and lettuce are (so far) untouched. I think
there's a woodchuck around, though I haven't seen one lately, and I
haven't found a hole under the fence. Could it be deer?

TIA,
George

My guess would be baby swallowtail butterflies. :-)
They do a number on dill and parsley which is why when I do plant it, I
plant extra, and I plant Anise for them as well so I can relocate the
little buggers to it when I find them. I have no use for Anise....

but I do love swallowtail butterflies so I don't kill them. G

Plant more.

And plant parsley.

Check for caterpillars at dawn and dusk.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson