Old 01-08-2006, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] is offline

Default Clay soil - Garden Lime?

One thing you should be aware of in France and Belgium is that it is
possible to buy some very dangerous chemicals off the shelf.

Yes. I noticed the local DIY store has containers of concentrated Sulphuric
acid for sale. Why? It isn't the sort of thing I'd expect to see outside of
a laboratory or chemical works. Especially nowadays I'd expect such things
to be more restricted since Conc. Sulphuric can easily be used as the base
ingredient to make all the other chemicals needed to make many high
explosives!