Old 02-08-2006, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Wolf Kirchmeir Wolf Kirchmeir is offline

Default Regulations on Conifer height ..Can anyone advise please ?

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:
[...]

Well, it does appear [OP] is in the UK which may very well have cities or
counties with tree height ordinances, something which is likely quite
rare in the States - though I would not be surprised to know that an HOA
has some rules on that somewhere, as opposed to a city or county law.

Hopefully some fellow brits will reply.

Carl

This brings up a related point: trees do get too large, and they do get
old and wonky, and they, or parts of them, do fall down when the storm
gods attack. Who's responsible if a tree or branch on falls and damages
the neighbour's property (house, car, etc)? I believe that Toronto can
demand the removal of an unsafe tree. (The city has a department in
charge of the "urban forest." It s does good work, it seems.)