Old 02-08-2006, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Lavender

"Adebisi" typed

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

SWMBO has just cut some lavender from the garden, I happened to mention
that my mother and grandmother used to put the flowers in small bags and
put them in the drawers, I had been under the impression that it was just
to use the perfume, but she says it was to deter moths.

Is this true?

Alan

Do moths still live in drawers? I have never seen them, maybe the house
price rise has led to a moth migration.

I seldom see the moths; I do see holes in my woolly clothes though.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.