Old 19-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Dr.

Default Pepper growing question

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Do you stake your pepper plants? This year I'll be planting habanero,
jalapeno, serrano, cayenne, pablano, garden salsa, banana, and bell

peppers.

Thanks,
Gary

I usually put those little cheap sorry tomato cages around my peppers. It
helps prevent broken branches when there's a wind storm or if they have a
heavy fruit load.

Good idea. I have a bunch of those I can use. Last year was my first having
a garden, and I used them for my tomatoes not knowing that they are far too
small and flimsy.

BTW, my brother bought mild habanero-like plants from some mail order

place
last year instead of growing seeds. He watered them in with fish

emulsion,
put a heavy duty 5' tomato cage around each one, and they grew over 8 feet
tall! I've never seen a pepper plant that big before, and he had a dozen
of 'em; several different varieties.

Definitely some huge plants he had. Last year my habanero plants were about
3 or 4 feet.

Thanks,
Gary