Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ferns w/ Pachysandra?

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:44:09 -0400, Agave wrote:

Under a mature crab apple tree (w/ deep shade) I've begun planting
Pachysandra. If I intersperse ferns among the Pachysandra, will the
ferns survive (regrow each Spring) once the Pachysandra has spread to
cover the bed area? If not, is there something else that I can plant
that will provide a different texture/form in the Pachysandra bed?

I've got lily-of-the-valley planted with pachysandra. The LOTV are
spreading much faster than the pachy. Both are about the same height,
complementary leaves.