Old 03-08-2006, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default My garden is out of control

wrote in message
oups.com...

Matthew Reed wrote:
Cross between a crookneck and some vining squash? My pumpkins are easily
25
feet from one end to the other - they invaded my corn and beans, and I
can
no longer tell which vine end comes from which plant. And we have green
pumpkins the size of basket balls all over, I can't tell which one comes
from which plant, or where another pumpkin will pop up.

"

Matthew,
Now is the perfect time to personalize your pumpkins. We use a
homemade gadget, but I think you can buy pumpkin carving kits. Anyway,
scrape off the skin, write your name, etc. now. The pumpkin should keep
growing and the name, etc will scab over and look cool.
Doris

What about the ones that are starting to turn orange? how long from the
start of orange to actually being ripe?

Problem here is we can barely get to them LOL. The pumpkin "patch" is so
dense, we can barely get into it to swee the pumpkins, let alone touh them