Old 02-08-2006, 09:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default can someone identify these flowers/grasses

My guess is lavender. Crush some and smell it.

Lavender is dried and a bunch, tied with string around the twigs, is
placed with linens and sheets. A tea can be made of it, but I'm not
sure what curative powers are claimed for it.

FireBrick wrote:
The homeowner doesn't speak English all the people I've asked do not know
the name of this beautiful purplish growth.
Tall, about 30" high, very dense and even deeper color in fall.

I think it's a grass, but searching the web has been unsuccessful.

here's the pic
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w9ol/l...plegrass1.jpeg

I even went to one of the bigger surburban garden shops, and described it to
blank stares....

Only one home in the area has these...I'd like to be the second.