Old 03-08-2006, 12:54 PM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Grass gardens

"ant" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:

You have my sympathies. I have a brown that lives somewhere near

my
front door and a tiger that lives somewhere near my back door. I
asked for a shotugn for Xmas and my dopy husband bought me a

camera.
I fail to understand how he could possibly mix up my comment about
wanting to shoot something in such a way.

There's a giant eastern brown in my rock wall, and it doesn't care

about me
at all. Whenever I see it, I borrow the family's .22, naturally I

don't see
the snake again for months. I've been thinking next time I see it

sliding
into the wall, I should pour some kero or something in there, and

chuck in a
match. I hate those things.

Yeah me too - much too edgy a snake, but the major number of bites are
from Tigers apparently.

I've tried to kill the Tiger with an air rifle but I've decided that
the only way to do it is a shotgun - I'm not a good enough shot to
kill it without a scattering pellet effect.

I encourage the magpies and kookaburras, but that snake is way too

big for
them to tackle.

A brown and a tiger, yuck. You see a lot of tigers up on in the

Snowy in the
summer, I just can't walk up there in summer any more. I've seen a

giant
black here, but the rest are eastern browns.

We have a giant black that lives under the house at our other farm but
I don't mind them - they are a fairly gentle snake.