Old 03-08-2006, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default Just a thought re pic posting

wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:59:33 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

Why should they make you President when you have never been in the RAF.

Because I founded the Association by request a few years ago and when I
stood down from Membership Secretary and Chairman before I went away on

my
World Cruise in January, they made me President :-))

http://www.seniorsnetwork.co.uk/forces/nsrafa/index.htm

"The NS(RAF)A was formed in 2000 by a few ex RAF National Servicemen
who thought that the era when National Service was common to all, was
being forgotten - allied to that was the time factor which makes it
necessary for this Association to be active now before it is too late
for many of us."

and the first volunteer to come forward who really put the Association on
the map was a chap by the name of Graham Weaver. Then Pat Honey came forward
and there was no turning back.

As I said from the Rostram at the Parade at RAF Cosford after the Chairman
John Magee thanked me for starting the Association, 'It wasn't really me, it
was Graham Weaver who grabbed it by the tail and shook some life into it. I
only wrote the letters to the local newspapers and pointed out the new
Association. You have Graham, Brian Hooper for the magazine, Brian Welstead
who as Treasurer has looked after the accounts in which there is now in
excess of £20,000.00. THEY are the driving force of the Association. I only
wrote the letters to the papers'

It might interest you nit pickers to know, that the Association in my
signature, the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association, has also 'been
started by me', but I will be standing down as soon as a Secretary,
Treasurer, Membership Secretary etc etc have been found. I have wwritten to
nearly 2000, OK nit pickers, 1855 Local Newspapers and we have nearly 200
members already.

Someone in the past has pointed out that these are 'money making scams' for
me. Not too much detective work will find out where I am. Mike Crowe PO36
8PG is my postal address, the rest is on www.nsrafa.com (think I got it
right this time). I wonder why none of the nit pickers have informed the
Inland Revenue :-)) Mud in their face if they do :-)))

Mike
(But you knew that didn't you?)

Next nit pick question please.
You set 'em up, I will knock 'em down :-)))

www.rnshipmates.co.uk