Old 03-08-2006, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default garlic

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

My question is this: what do I do with
them?
Do I pull up the bulbs to use in my next salad OR does garlic flower
and
produce seeds from which I can grow more garlic.

Some garlic plants do "flower", and like some onions, form a head of
very tiny bulbs which can be planted, but take longer to come to
maturity and in my experience is hardly worth the effort. Grow them in
seed trays initially.

I'm going to do it with a few, just to see what happens. I hope I live long
enough :-)

By now garlic not dug up may well have lost all its top growth, and
unless you are very tidy and methodical, you will have lost them and
find them coming up again next year!

I've harvested all mine.

boast

Mary