Old 03-08-2006, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] David \(in Normandy\)[_1_] is offline

Default What to grow in a chicken garden/run?

They love to eat bugs. Plant anything that is bothered with worms or
grasshoppers.
Dwayne (from Kansas)

Grasshoppers (or crickets I'm not sure of the difference) we've got lots of,
so the chickens will be pleased! When we mow the lawns there are hundreds of
them jumping into the air and out of the path of the mower. I like to hear
them in the evening though. Quite a restful sound as they rasp away.
David.