Old 03-08-2006, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Cleavers

On 3/8/06 21:39, in article ,
"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me the proper name for the plant variously known

as
Cleavers, Goose Grass, Stick Willie, etc?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

We always called it ' sweethearts'~~~ probably due to it clinging etc.
Seemed a nice name. Can be a nuisance in the Border Collie's hair!!

I like 'Sweethearts" and haven't heard it before. But I did spend about 45
mins pullling the burrs out of our wire haired Jack Russell's coat a couple
of days ago. He was smothered in the things. I think we have to admit this
plant has seed distribution cracked!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk