Old 04-08-2006, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default wood pidgeon life span

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

They did used to attack my veg and strip the broccoli until we netted
the plants, but they also make a horrible mess everywhere they go. The
the birdbath for instance: I go and clean it out and add fresh water -
then the pigeons arrive, throw their weight about so the other birds
can't get a look in, have a nice drink and then turn round and
poop in it!

Wood pigeons don't use our bird bath at all - the collar doves do. All the
small birds deposit in it though :-) I clean it regularly.

They're the same on the birdtable if I put any loose food out, hogging
the lot and making a fine old mess. I wouldn't mind if there were only
one or two, but they seem to be taking over the neighbourhood like some
sort of avian gangster mob! ;-)

Tht's a shame, it's not my experience though.

I've threatened to get an air gun, but I'm probably too much of a softie
to use it really.

Well, I do like pigeon breasts ...

Mary

--