Old 04-08-2006, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Cleavers

"K" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham writes

I got my infestations trying to be kind to the Humming bird hawk moths

which
lay there eggs on it! down here its mostly called cleavers although I

grew
up calling it goose grass, a lot of books refer to it as bedstraw so that
presumably is another use for it

Probably not. It's a member of the bedstraw family and genus, hence
books referring to it as bedstraw, but it would be the other members of
the family, eg woodruff, which would be used as strewing herbs.
--
Kay

So not only do I have cleavers all over my garden but it was the wrong plant
in the first place! bit of a hard lesson in plant naming :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk