Old 04-08-2006, 09:02 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Siouxzi Siouxzi is offline

Default Help, figs fall when near-ripe

Susan, I'll bite--literally! Tell me how to make carmelized figs.

Sue

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:35:07 -0400, "Susan H. Simko"
wrote:

Siouxzi wrote:

I bet if you email Paradise Nursery they'll help you with anything
else. Their web site is full of info. www.paradisenursery.com/

And you might be inspired to order a fig tree from them too. I got 4
different kinds this year, plus a couple of muscadine vines, all doing
great and filling me with hope for next year.

I got no interest in the company--just think they're nice folks with
great product and customer service.

I'll second that recommendation - great company to do business with! I
bought a dwarf black negron fig tree from them some years ago and
various toher things since. Despite keeping the fig in a pot (I knew
this house was "temporary"), it's doing very well. Tree is loaded with
figs at the moment. Hopefully, once we move into our new house and the
tree goes into the ground, there will be even more figgy goodness. *grin*

Oh man, now all I can thing about is melt in your mouth carmelized figs.