Old 04-08-2006, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Cleavers

On 4/8/06 17:41, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
The irony of the fact that we are busily encouraging Ipomoea to grow over
an
arch while we are cursing the neighbouring Convolvulus, does not escape
me!
I saw an absolutely tiny pink flowered one in a hedgerow the other day and
it was absolutely enchanting. I'll have to go back for another look
because
I don't think it's a garden escapee.

The people both sides of us on our new allotment are "new" veg gardeners and
when our Sweet Potatoes started running their faces were a picture.
Eventually both sides asked what we were doing cultivating extra large
Bindweed. :-)

I am really ashamed to say this but I had never made the connection between
Ipomoea and sweet potatoes! Ipomoea and 'morning glory', yes!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk