Old 04-08-2006, 10:15 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default Water Fern (Azolla) is it a problem in domestic ponds?

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:10:17 +0100, "Davy"
wrote:

I am building a 16sq m wildlife pond in Wiltshire, England and someone who
is thinning out their pond in September has offered a whole range of plants
to get me started.
Unfortunately, their pond has azolla. Is this likely to be a problem?
Anybody with experience?
thanks, Davy

I'd remove every bit of it, but then I like to photograph my ponds and
azolla looks like blown in crap on the surface. Messy. I was so glad that
it dies off here most winters, so now I'm very careful when I purchase new
plants not to reintroduce it. Duckweed I'm not worried about, as the fish
keep it under control, so it isn't a problem. ~ jan www.jjspond.us

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium